Saturday, September 5, 2009

So it's about 2:30am and I'm starting this blog on my bed like a school girl with the hopes that a few of you will enjoy my potentially coherent, grab bag of thoughts and images. For those of you who absolutely have nothing better to do or who are genuinely interested in my rambling, this is for you. Providing insight into a seemingly unprovoked and random urge to start a blog, I feel it's important for you to know a little more about me and my decision to forgo the honor of owning testicles. The very act of creating this blog (regardless of how proud i am of the title) goes against everything I felt i embodied or aspired to be for the former 99% of my life because:
1. Kung Fu masters don't blog
2. Writing is not my forte
3. Kung Fu masters don't blog

However, since turning 21 and spending more time with the guys i truly consider good people and honest friends has made me realize how transient life really can be. Anyways, i felt that at least writing about the eventful things from now on would pay homage to my new found inspiration for living a worthwhile life and remind me every once in a while that my life isn't just centered around organic chemistry and fantasy football. I don't think nature intended the prime of my life to be spent in front of books and computer screens.

So, to kickoff this blog I guess I'll attempt to paint you a portrait of what my life feels like right now. It's sorta like a combination of Jay-Z's song Young Forever and Lionel Richie's Hello. Apples and oranges, i know, but bear with me. One of my bestest friends is in Australia being a skank and i miss her very much. (I kid about the skank part) My free time has been alotted to frequent chick flick marathons, playing beer pong more times than i have meals, feeling like a lazy turd surrounded by guys who P90X religiously, and the feeling like i'm constantly treading water but instead of water it's organic chemistry and mo bio. An uphill battle? definitely. but baby i got the legs.. and the red bull. Anyways, life's feeling pretty good right about now seeing how its a long weekend and USC's season opener is in about 10 hours and I'm going back to disneyland on thursday! And for the filling I'll just throw out a bunch of words and phrases: Conan O'Brien, vegas, melanoma, chipotle, romance, family, world war 2, wing chun, impressionism, and the gym.

Seeing how i'm a bit of a blogging noob and i don't think i should let this first entry drag, I end here with hopes that i haven't inspired you to buy a gun and shoot yourself in the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment